“Honestly, I’m blown away by this course. I learned SO much that I will definitely use. Everyone in the group was amazing to work with too. Really was a fun and informative experience. I am so excited to use these new skills and I’m truly very grateful. I hope you do this again because I have so many people that I would love to share this with!” Julie
Online painting course
ANNOUNCEMENT – I’ve added a 3rd session of this course in February of 2021 and I have 2 spots left in the class! Please contact me to join us: email@example.com
Friday February 12th (evening – 1 hour only)
Saturday February 13th (10-4)
Sunday February 14th (10-4)
Friday February 19th (evening – 1 hour only)
Saturday February 20th (10-4)
Sunday February 21st (10-4)
4 day class with 2 short evening get togethers on ZOOM. Don’t worry we won’t be on ZOOM the entire time but we will be busy creating for the 4 full days.
“Your course has sparked a rewarding endeavour which is enriching my day to day life.” Bev
“… your presentation, communication, information and instruction was professional and I also felt an intimate heart connection with each of us that made me look forward to each segment.” Denise
When I’m painting, I sometimes feel that the freedom I have to choose colours, the subject and technique can actually be stifling, stop me from starting and make me constantly second guess my decisions! Does any of this sound familiar?
I have found it helpful to create some boundaries before I begin so that I can paint with more confidence. This structure actually gives me more freedom, does that make sense?
In this workshop, I’m going to share all my tips and tricks so that you can create your own personal reference guide to support your art practice. Having a foundation to lean on will give you greater confidence while you paint.
This workshop is a good fit if this sounds like you:
- Help! I don’t know how to start (newbies are totally welcome!)
- Motivate me please, my brushes are lonely!
- I’m drifting from one painting to the next and I crave some unity.
- My paintings feel like someone else painted them (ugh).
This experience is not a good fit if you desire to have a completed piece at the end because we are going to use the time together to experiment and try out different techniques. While I’m primarily an abstract artist, this workshop is open to those who prefer to work in realism too because the same principles apply and how you paint is as important as what you paint.
It is my desire that after our time together you will:
- Have created a colour palette, complete with samples, that you are excited to work with for the foreseeable future.
- Feel confident with your unique mark making and want to explore with new tools and techniques.
- Be excited to dive deep into a subject and who knows, you might even create a body of work around it!
- Know at least 5 different ways to start a painting.
- Address specific questions with me one on one.
- Relax into free time to just paint in a supportive environment.
- Bonus! It will be a small group so you are going to meet some really amazing like-minded people.
I’m offering this online so that you can join in from any location and so that we can weather this pandemic together, fuelling our creativity, while keeping safe and healthy.
How will it work online?
I’m offering this online so that you can join in from any location and so that we can weather this pandemic together, fuelling our creativity, while keeping safe and healthy. I’ve heard from past participants that they actually preferred working online because they enjoyed being in their own space with all their supplies around them!
- We will meet on ZOOM (if you haven’t used it no worries, I will set you up)
- You will need a computer or tablet with a screen that is large enough to see our faces and see any demos.
- A good wifi connection is essential.
- You will need a smart phone or tablet that takes photos so that we can share as we work.
- An email account (and bonus, the ability to text for quick communication).
- You will be in a group of 4 plus me
- During free paint time we will be offline so that you can listen to music or just be in a quiet space. I will be available during those times if you need help.
- I will also schedule one on one time with everyone during the course so that we can meet up and check in.
- I will offer weekend and weekday timeslots for the course (see below).
- We will be apart but we will get things done and have fun with the support of the group!
Our time together will unfold like this:
2 Evening get togethers – approx 1.5 hours
Classes 10am – 4pm class time with 1 hour lunch break
(and mini breaks during the day)
I’ve designed the course for 4 full days plus two mini meet ups. I will give us a week break in between so that we can explore on our own before we meet back up for the remaining 2 days.
* Includes GST
I will send you a supply list at least a month before the workshop begins. We will work with acrylic and oils (if you desire). I will also supply you with a tech requirement list and if you have any questions about it, we can meet ahead of time to make sure you are ready to rock!
Please reach out if you have any questions: